Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck1000 (509V8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I configure my notebook using dual mode windows 10 and windows 11. To uninstall one of application got problem because it failed multiple time. Trying to start windows 11 in safe mode first cause it to boot looping because it failed. I have to change boot order to boot from USB and use Macrium Reflect Easy Recovery make the notebook work again. But set safe mode will broke it again. So I can never start in safe mode with dual boot in my NB

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I think the problem is because of 1. Multiple boot config 2. More than one SSD/HD Safe mode start only work for all windows install in 1st disk. For windows in 2nd disk it will crash said it have to restart and after restart it start in normal. If the boot disk is 2nd disk initiate safe mode on any windows in any disk will cause it crash and it will boot in loop infinitely until go to bios and change to boot from usb first then reboot with Easy recovery from Macrium Reflect and rebuild bcd boot. The strange thing my notebook ssd install as 2nd disk which came with windows 11. So I never can start in safe mode in that original windows installed. The only way I can do maybe to swap the ssd so it plug as 1st disk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.