cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

WIFI [F12] LED blinks once instead of startup

HP Recommended
LOT33UA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This is my father's PC that he asked me to try to revive since he prefers it to the Windows 10 PC he bought to replace it.

When the failure to boot was first discovered, I did not notice the F12 (WIFI) blink on pushing the power button. I checked voltage on the power supply and replaced the battery on this quite old PC. It does indicate charging when plugged in but so far I have not seen the charge indicator change color as most of them do when the battery gets fully charged.

When it runs it is a Windows 7 (not sure if it's 32 or 64 bit) machine model 15-f233wm.

I have tried the power reset approach and it fails to correct the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,614 24,596 1,634 2,285
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Oldman2018,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Are you getting any error on the computer screen?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The last time it worked properly it showed no signs of trouble.

There is no screen display because it never gets that far, so no error messages at all.

I made the attempts in the referenced material before I even signed up for this forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,614 24,596 1,634 2,285
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Oldman2018,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation