Prranjal Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Want to get "Advanced" and "Power" options unlocked in HP P077TX "INSYDE H20" BIOS

HP P077TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Mine is an HP Pavillion 077TX notebook PC running on Windows 8.1 x64. The BIOS version installed on my MoBo is Insyde H20 F.43 dated 03-08-2016, as displayed in "msinfo32.exe". It only shows very limited options to control the hardware on my laptop. I read in an online forum that Advanced and Power options are kept hidden in the HP BIOS files for unknown reasons. My laptop is out of warranty now and i wish to unlock the hidden Advanced menu in the Insyde BIOS so as to gain the Administrative control over my own laptop. I also read on a dedicated non-official forum for HP products that suffer major issues in HP manufactured laptops (I was unaware of these issues before purchasing my machine), that pressing the "A" key after "F10" key in the laptop keyboard, activates "Advanced" options in the Insyde H20 BIOS for some HP laptops.

Unfortunately that didn't work for me.

Many of my games refuse to start and graphic softwares fail to render, blaming the insuffiecient on board Intel graphics. There is no way i could make them see the discreet nVidia graphics card installed on my PC. In the nVidia control panel i've tried to attach nVidia card to graphic intensive games/applications which are unable to run on my laptop but are running fine on older laptops with option to disable onboard graphics in the bios. There are many parameters available in such old generation laptops to try and fix incompatibility issues for various hardware and i feel highly dissappointed in my decision to have brought this HP garbage which has only made me a handicap(Be sure of my recommendations regarding HP laptops to friends and family).

I request and demand a BIOS update or pastch to unlock the "Advanced" and "Power" settings in my Insyde H20 F.43 System BIOS. Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17764 1157 1866
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Want to get "Advanced" and "Power" options unlocked in HP P077TX "INSYDE H20" BIOS

Hi @Prranjal,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

As I understand you want information on how to unlock BIOS,

HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance.

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance,

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same.

I hope you understand.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation