Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ce019dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening-

My HP Omen laptop computer does not boot up, just sits at blank screen. Then the Caps Lock key blinks 5 times slow and three times fast. I know it says on support that that blink code means:  System Board issue - The embedded controller times out waiting for the BIOS... I don't know why this would happen.. Its a little less than 2 years out and obviously out of warranty... I want to know if there is a way to fix this, or am I screwed??? I took great care of it, never dropped it, always kept it in my laptop bag and never let the battery die completely.. yet here I am with a dead computer... Its hard to believe that this new of a computer would be dead already, for no apparent reason... so either HP products have gone down hill, or I am the most unlucky person in the world right now... 😕 . HELP??!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@skatturbrain, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

That's unfortunate. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Perform a hard reset on the PC

Refer to this document to know how.

Reseat the memory module.

Refer to page 34 of the service guide.

Try powering ON the PC. 

For more info on this issue, refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.