Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 17 G?
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello everyone, thanks in advance for the help; I am new to the forum.

I I have read several posts and different solutions to my same problem, but I have not been able to solve it.

I have a ZBOOK 17 G ? ( i don't know wich...G ) with SO: windows 7 professional , CD-ROM/DVD and 4 USB ports.

The problem is: The DVD and USB do not appear in the list of boot devices offered by the BIOS at boot time.

I have read, and tryed, several solutions among these posts but none has solved the problem. In addition, the F11 button does not start recovery; in this way, I can't update the pc ...I discovered this, trying to update windows 7 professional to windows 10 pro, an update that was not successful.

None of the BIOS F9 options solves the problem: NO HD, NO ethernet, No upgrade bay.

I attach images of what I see in the BIOS and Boot option.

If someone has solved and can help me I would be infinitely grateful. Thank you

Giuseppe.

5 Result F9 button5 Result F9 button4 BIOS _ button ESC4 BIOS _ button ESC3 Order BOOT BIOS3 Order BOOT BIOS2 BIOS settings2 BIOS settings1 Inst_err_UP_TO WIN101 Inst_err_UP_TO WIN10

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

I do not know or understand your problem exactly, what I know and suggest is..........

A hard disk wants to be all Legacy/MBR

OR  all Secure/GPT

to suit the operating System.

Therefore when that selection is made and the HDD formatted accordingly, some secondary devices fail to register and boot.

So do you want to try and make a W10 install DVD/USB?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The linkid is this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10587/windows-10-get-help-with-upgrade-installation-errors

~~~~~~

0xC1900101 0x20017

0xC1900101 0x30017

A driver has caused a problem.

Disable or remove all 3rd party antivirus or antispyware from your system. Disconnect all peripheral devices that are connected to the system, except for the mouse, keyboard and display.

Contact your hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers.

So do you have DriveEncryption or Similar installed? FingerPrint software?

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hi Lil_Boy_Blue; thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I have already tried your suggestion, but the results do not change. I downloaded the windows tool, and the installation continues until windows 7 returns; it is at this point that I am aware that I do not have the boot options to use CD-rom or USB ...
The part of my HD is MBR ....

Thanks again. If you have anything else in mind, I'd like to know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.