Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't exit safe mode window 10

tried typing msconfig and start didn't work, tried clicking on window and clicking r didn't work. i'm using a hp laptop 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 4
121 121 4 13
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I hope u are hitting the windows key and r at the same time and then type msconfig and go to boot ,uncheck the safe mode option and hit apply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i tried that it didn't work, i figure it out by clicking on start, then click all apps, then stroll all the way down to the bottom and click on window system, then click on command prompt and waited on it to populate then type msconfig, click enter it took me to system configuration, click on boot uncheck safe boot, click general click on slective startup, put a check mark in load system service and a check mark in load startup items, click apply an ok restart system. when it started back up i was out of safe mode.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was stuck in "Safe mode" and nothing much would work on my computer.  I followed the instructions given by "Honor Student", and it WORKED, so now I am back online!!!  I used my old computer to access the forum, and am quite happy with the results!!  My laptop is back in business!!  Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow the instructions given by "Honor Student" ------ I did, and it worked!!!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation