Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

caps lock blinking no display

HP pavilion dv4-2049us
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My Hp pavilion dv4- 2049us and my laptop screens stays black and not booting up. I have removed the  keyboard connector due to defective found.

It was working with USB keyboard two or three times just after recovery.

Before recovery the laptop inbuild keyboard was connected.

At recovery time after 1 time restart it was not going to the next step of installation. Giving beep sound. That time I have removed the inbuild keyboard. and useing usb keyboard.

Completed the recovery installation with usb keyboard. After recovery onetime the problem found but after trying 2 to 5 times on and off it was working. Now after 2 or 3 time restart laptop is not boot up atall.

but the caps lock blinking continiusly  and  volume, and the wifi light they all turn on and so do the fans. Capslock light blink every second. I need to know is it the signal of the removied inbuild keyboard? please help.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

caps lock blinking no display

Hi @rajesh7887,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer not booting and the cap lock light blinking. I will be glad to help you.

Please follow the step from these documents.

Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation