Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion DV6 6116nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Even though the my laptop is on idle mode the fan is working insanely.Hence the laptop become too hot to handle. And also i cannot do multi-work. As a example if i switched Microsoft word meanwhile i am browsing the internet the display will off and at that time only i can do is power button switched off

Sampath
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problems you are having could be do to overheating. If the fan is constantly spinning at full power it could be that there is dust obstructing the air vents. You could try using compressed air to clean the vents when computer is off and cold.

However you might need to have the computer opened and cleaned. You could also consider replacing the fan which has a low cost and at the same time replacing the thermal paste between heatsink and chips.

You can see this on page 90 of service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02842252

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problems you are having could be do to overheating. If the fan is constantly spinning at full power it could be that there is dust obstructing the air vents. You could try using compressed air to clean the vents when computer is off and cold.

However you might need to have the computer opened and cleaned. You could also consider replacing the fan which has a low cost and at the same time replacing the thermal paste between heatsink and chips.

You can see this on page 90 of service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02842252

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hi David,
Yesterday i dissambled my laptop & actually its the first time in 6 years as i brought this on 2011 😄 . I was able to see considerable amount of dust was obstructing the air vents.after doing so i can see some improvements.i will try a new fan and a thermal paste between heatsink and chips.First of all could you please tell me that can that happen due to software issue..because after latest format of my hard disk i got this problem i guess..i am using windows 10 pro 64 bit since last year. I updated my BIOS version and i run the HP system test/smart test/diagnostic test.Nothing wrong with system tests..all things seems to be ok when considering the test results..

Thanks in advance,

Sampath

Sampath
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.