Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp stream 11-r003np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

cant boot with usb even when I make a bootable bios usb with hp bios tool.

when I go to change to legacy boot and save ,on reboot it tells me to enter code 

to disable secure boot.So when I type code keyboard unresposive.

I have latest bios version f15

Your help would be much appreciated,really need boot from usb for recovery

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have a Stream 11 and have not seen this issue, USB's boot without a problem.  Did you test booting the USB on another computer?  I have not had a problem enabling legacy boot mode or disabling secure boot, you might want to try the Clear All Secure Boot Keys option if you have not already. My BIOS version is F.08.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have a Stream 11 and have not seen this issue, USB's boot without a problem.  Did you test booting the USB on another computer?  I have not had a problem enabling legacy boot mode or disabling secure boot, you might want to try the Clear All Secure Boot Keys option if you have not already. My BIOS version is F.08.

HP Recommended

thankyou for your reply I cleared all secure boot keys as you advised

and I finally got it to boot from usb.

thankyou agian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.