Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
koala2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

notebook black screen (keep restaring every 2 second)

spectre 13t 3000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

my notebook can't start up , just a black screen . when i puch the power bottom he keep restaring many time(sometimes 3, 6,7 times) every too second and then i hear the fan he stay for about 5-7 second and restart again , i can't understand the problem , i've tried the hard reset , the  the Windows logo key and the B key ... nothing work , please what should i do ?

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @koala2

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS Upgrade?

Is the  Fan Noisy or does it Spins Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Do you have the Notebook ventilated? 

What do you sit your Notebook on when you are using it?

Have you done any updates using Windows Updates or the HP Support Assistant?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating. 

Here are some documents for you that may help:

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon.  You can click the thumbs up icon to show your appreciation for my efforts today!  Smiley Happy

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help. When you re-post, please provide me with the detailed results from the troubleshooting above. 

Thank you for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
koala2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again and thank you for your responding ,
i checked all of this articles and none of them have really helped me , the problem is that the laptop doesn't power up at all just a black screen , and i can't know what is the real problem , is it a BIOS failure ? is the Updating the BIOS is safe and i can easily handle it ? or do i have to look forward a help

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @koala2

Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Did you receive any error messages?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Do you have the Notebook ventilated? 

What do you sit your Notebook on when you are using it?

Have you done any updates using Windows Updates or the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to use a can of air to blow out all of the vents of the Notebook? Sometimes the vents can become clogged with dirty and debris and cause the Notebook to not come on. Here is a document for you called Cleaning your Notebook PC

If you manage to get the Notebook to come back on using the troubleshooting links in the questions above, please try:

Hardware Test. HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong. 

Please let me know how this goes with a detailed response including the outcome of each step taken. 

Thank you! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation