Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sometimes My laptop wont turn on when i push power button

ay079TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am using hp ay079TX model laptop and i purchased this in september2016 in india.i used to turn off my laptop with normal shut down process and sometimes it is not turning on when i presses power button.normally a gentle touch will be enough to turn on.through internet i learned that many minor issues in eletronic gadgets can be resolved by giving power supply for short time.i tried this by connecting my power cable to laptop for 30 sec then i pressed power button,it turned on nicely.this happened 5 times till now from date of purchase.i want to know why it is happenning and how to resolve this issue,currently i live in germany 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 918
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sometimes My laptop wont turn on when i push power button

Welcome to HP Forums @saikishorea

I came across your post where you have mentioned that the computer is not powering ON intermittently, sometimes you need to connect the power cord for a few seconds and then it boots up fine. I will be happy to assist you. 

Sometimes even though you select the normal shutdown options from the Windows (Start) menu, the computer would need some time to power down completely.

Recommend you to wait for all the lights on the computer to go off completely before you close the lid. 

Also, if you don't use the computer regularly, even though if the computer was shutdown completely the power from battery might have drained. 

Recommend you to update the BIOS, the battery controller, and Run HP Support Assistant to check if other driver updates are available for your computer. 

If you want to check for hardware failures, click here for the procedure. 

Keep me posted. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation