Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello , 

when i am on tablet mode ( the keyboard is folded back ) , on windows 10 lock screen the pin touchpad appears and disappears as i type my pin . if i leave it for a few seconds it appears and stays there . i'm thinking some kind of orientation sensor mixed up . any ideas ? 

( if i am on normal mode with keyboard works fine ) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @betugias

Thanks for the information.

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

Choose Settings at the bottom. Choose Change PC Settings. Go to Accounts. Go to Sign In Options. Remove your PIN and then re-add it. If removing and re-adding does not work, try to "Change" it instead.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @betugias

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the windows pin screen disappears when the computer is in tablet mode.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to check and install all the windows updates and restart the computer and check.

Here is how it is done.

Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows are up to date . 
Video link with the problem :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3-FwbGj-o

HP Recommended

Hi @betugias

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Did the issue start after any Windows update?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on your computer?

You have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

this has never worked fine. i had that problem from day 1 . 

HP Recommended

Hi @betugias

Thanks for the information.

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

Choose Settings at the bottom. Choose Change PC Settings. Go to Accounts. Go to Sign In Options. Remove your PIN and then re-add it. If removing and re-adding does not work, try to "Change" it instead.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

seems that disabling and reenabling the pin did the trick .  I'll test it for the next days and i'll report back . 

HP Recommended

Hi @betugias

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.