06-07-2012 05:46 AM
I have a notebook 6910p running windows 7 64-bit. Recently I took it apart and thoroughly cleaned it and removed lint from fan and heat sink, and put it back together.
Notebook re-booted ok. The temperature has dropped and it works very smoothly, big improvement. By touching the laptop I can feel that the temperature has dropped substantially (however some freeware software that I have installed is still reporting high temperature on motherboard and CPU).
But if I restart the laptop, it gets through BIOS start-up ok, and before it gets to Windows Starting, it shuts down. I I have to wait for 10 to 15 minutes before I am able to successfully re-boot the laptop. Your advice is very much appreciated
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot