Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery only charges while on Sleep mode or Shut Down mode

Envy 15-ae117tx/ / P6M32PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello for the past 2 weeks I am facing a weird battery charging issue. Apparently the battery charges only while the laptop is on Sleep mode or Shut Down mode. It doesn't charge when powered on. The HP online support also does not have any answers.

I have updated the BIOS and restarted the laptop countless times. The battery is not removable.

Anybody else faced this issue and any solutions?

On a side note, Microsoft Excel crashes repeatedly since beginning. And the support has no answer to this too.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Garry

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13943 13859 781 901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery only charges while on Sleep mode or Shut Down mode

@regrethp

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting battery issues on HP Envy 15 notebook. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Did you do any hardware or software changes on this computer?
  • Since when you are facing this issue?

Meanwhile:

• Turn off the computer.
  • Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
  • Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
  • Plug the AC adapter back into the laptop computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  • Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
  • If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
  • After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
  • Run windows update.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation