03-25-2017 04:07 PM
I just realised I need to up my CPU and GPU to play Mass Effect Andromeda. Can I upgrade my graphics card on
HP Pavilion 15-n266sa Notebook?
With APU A8-4555M Quad-Core, Radeon HD 7610M, 8 GB RAM I am below min requirements. My GPU and CPU only reach about 75% below min system requirements. RAM is fine.
03-25-2017 06:07 PM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!
Sorry, but unlike desktops, which use cards, laptops have chips that are soldered directly to the motherboard or system board, or come in the form of "modules".
Only a very limited subset of HP laptops actually allow the replacement of processor, audio, video or WiFi "modules" and, as far as I can tell, yours is not one of these models.
This means there is really no way to upgrade the video on your laptop. You're stuck with what came with the PC.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot