Halima_
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't log in

Hp notebook
Microsoft Windows XP
My laptop has been having issues for a while but I could still use it. It won't let me log in. I can drag the cursor across the screen but it won't let me type in the password to log in. I type the password but the letters won't show up. It's like everything is frozen except the mouse. This morning I was restarting it and it went to a blue page that said something about a unmountable boot volume. I searched what that means and the internet gave me a bunch of different answers. I think there might be viruses because the laptop had no antivirus software or anything in that nature. I share it with my sister and I don't think she was careful like me. I just have no idea what is wrong.
4 REPLIES 4
Halima_
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't log in

It also led me to a screen that said the battery might need to be replaced
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29 29 3 5
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't log in

@ Halima_ Welcome to the HP Support Forum!

I understand that your laptop is booting to an error screen - Unmountable_Boot_Volume and you were also getting a battery error.

To assist you better I would like to get the Product Number for your Laptop (How to find the Product Number).

In the meantime, you may refer to this below Support Forum thread which discusses the complete troubleshooting for the Unmountable_Boot_Volume issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-start-laptop-Unmountable-B...

For Battery error message I would recommend doing a battery test.

Please follow the below document for doing a battery test and battery related error messages.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01443470

I hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes:)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

Anoop
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Halima_
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't log in

Thank you but it turned out that there was a problem with the keyboard.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29 29 3 5
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't log in

@ Halima_ Happy to hear that you were able to isolate the issue.

If your issue isn't fully resolved, please let me know and I'll be glad to help you:)

Anoop
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation