11-26-2013 04:03 AM
few days ago I accidentally put a blanket on my laptop charger while I was playing Crysis 2 and it got extremely overheated for long time
while I was playing i got a massage more than one time that the computer is trying to change into my secondary GPU but it can't because I'm running a program using graphics, but I didn't notice that the problem was because of my charger overheat and I ignored the massage, when I noticed the problem I quickly put my charger in the freezer for 15 min. until it cooled down then I connected it to my laptop and it works fine.
my cpu and gpu temps. used to get from 90 to 94 c shortly after starting a heavy game, my charger also used to get a little bit hotter while playing
which I guess was because overvoltage or overclock or something
but after the accident even if I played for a long time the temp doesn't reach 85 c
and the charger temp is as in regular use
I'm afraid that something happened to my charger that it is no longer able to provide overvoltage to support overclock
I wanna know for sure if there is a problem or if nothing to worry about
sorry for making it too long and thanks.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot