jnotechie
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Disable Touchpad

HP Recommended
HP Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi! I'm not sure if the problem I'm having with has something to do with my notebook's touchpad. Keyboard is working fine, but the touchpad hasn't been working for over a year ago so I'm using an external mouse connected to a usb port. Whenever I'm typing something using any software like Chrome, Word, Notepad etc. it seems like it'll pause for a couple of second the it'll resume, as if I'm clicking outside of the typing box and the this blinking line on the box will pause. I had to click the typing box again and again just to cotinue typing. It's kind of hard to explain, but this happen most of the time and it's really annoying especially that I'm a writer.
2 REPLIES 2
jnotechie
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
additional info is the touchpad sometimes work and I have no idea what I did.
0 Kudos
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 315
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, are you asking how to disable the touchpad?  I believe that can be done in Control Panel => Mouse.

If you want to fix the touchpad so that it works, it is common for the Stream notebooks to require a reinstallation of the Intel Serial I/O chipset driver  to fix a non functioning touchpad so you might try that also, see the below:

Reinstall the Intel Serial I/O chipset driver from hp.com

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation