01-27-2010 05:25 PM
I have a Compaq v6000 laptop built as model GB115AV, which works okay, but under Disk Administration, it shows no disk drive (blank display). Further, the drive cannot be found by DiskPart.exe and Windows Backup won't take a backup of the drive. However, disk defrag works fine, the drive shows up in MyComputer, and under the Device Manager.
Belarc Advisor shows everything about the drive but lists it as disabled.
I can't take a backup and am puzzled as to how the computer can work with a disabled drive.
Any ideas how to eliminate the disabled drive condition (it show enabled in BIOS), so I can take a backup?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot