2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code 601 after BIOS update

HP ProBook 470 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
please could you give me advice - I made a BIOS update (Version: 01.42Ap1). This update was strongly recommended in program HP support assistant. Immediately after update the error 601 occurred (for the first time...). The notebook was bought in 6-2015 and it is used only occasionally.

The Battery Test in HP Support Assistant shows 0%. The program BatteryInfoView (BIV) shows Battery Level Wear 100% (which means that the battery is 100% ok). On my old (working) notebook EliteBook 8540p the BIV shows 35% level.

I think that the battery is ok but something in BIOS is incorrect.
Thank you for your advice.
Tomas

BIV - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/battery_information_view.html

2 REPLIES 2
Level 3 Jash
Level 3
44 44 0 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Please try updating the BIOS from HP Software Driver Download Page instead of HPSA. 

You can visit the link below to update the BIOS, by entering your product details

http://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers 

Hope this helps

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
***Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP***

I work for HP
0 Kudos
TomasCZE
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice,
Error 601 is no longer displayed. The Battery Test in HP Support Assistant shows that the battery is "OK". But the battery is not charging. It remains still discharged to 0%. The battery test in the BIOS shows the failure number PU72TK-7A08K0-XD7WL1-C0A103.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation