Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exploding charger

Folio 13-1020ea
Microsoft Windows XP
Hi, the charger for my laptop has just exploded and burnt my carpet! I went online to try and contact Hp about this and found that my charger was recalled in 2014 but I was unaware of this. I have now ordered a free replacement. I was just wondering what efforts you made to contact people with these chargers, and how I have managed to go two years without being notified? The charger had not overheated today because I had just plugged it in so the Sparks and explosion were quite a shock!
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
75543 75428 9234 19915
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exploding charger

Hi,

For live and death items such as car brakes, I believe manufacturers have to notify owners but some small items, normally the laws require manufacturers publish one new papers and/or webpages. It is up to users/customers to find out.

FYI: I only knew they recalled the airbag problem with my car when I brought it for yearly services.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation