03-03-2010 07:29 AM
I had a my hard drive information recovered at geek squad. The recovery F11 was intact before recovery of information. I tried to use the F11 to restore factory settings and the following has happen.
1. started computer
2. pressed F11 repeatedly during startup and when HP message for setup was on screen for about 2 min
3. black screen appeared for 3-4 min
4. then a beep
5. black screen with a underscore then nothing else happened.
Lap top HP pavilion dv8000 with xp.
It did have a partition with restore information
I do not have a recovery disc.
03-03-2010 08:33 AM
What type of repair did the Geek Squad do to your system?
Order a set of recovery disks from HP.
HP Photosmart 6520 and HP Deskjet 1112
Custom 1151 socket Z270 Intel i7-7700k @4,600 Mhz, 16GB Corsair 3000 Mhz dimms
Corsair H75 water cooler, Corsair CS 650M power supply
RAID 0 (dual Samsung 960 EVO m.2 240GB) boot system
Dual Samsung 840 EVO SSDs 500GB data storage, Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400GB
MSI NVIDIA GTX 980TI 6GB
ASUS ROG PG279q @144 MHz
Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 Pro x64 in UEFI mode
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot