gaynordavidson_
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Failing to keep charge

HP Pavillion g6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can anyone please help - had the notebook four years and has always worked fine. Recently when charging the notebook, if the cable isn't connected it loses charge very quickly. The pc then shuts down and when turned back on; a blue error screen appears : Recovery, your PC couldn't start properly. Error code 0xc0000225 and asks for recovery tools on my installation media? Otherwise need to contact my system administrator.

Have no idea what this means, have done a components test on the battery and it said the charge capacity is 30% and is weak?  but battery status and failure ID is OK!

If anyone can help i would much appreciate it! Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,935
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Failing to keep charge

Hi,

First you need to replace battery with a new one preferably HP OEM part.

Then you need to try doing recovering by tapping f11 key as soon as you power on laptop.

What is the full model name, product number of laptop?

Do you have Recovery USB/DVD created after first stop of this laptop?

Regards

Visruth
gaynordavidson_
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Failing to keep charge

Thank you for your reply. When you say new battery , what does OEM part mean exactly?
It's a HP Pavillipn g6 notebook PC, windows 8 64bit.
I'm afraid I don't have anything for recovery on cd or USB unless it would have come with the laptop when purchased to my knowledge!
0 Kudos
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,935
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Failing to keep charge

Hi,

OEM means ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER. Simply means it is HP original battery.

Use this to find full model name, product number:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

Nowadays no laptop of any brand comes with recovery media. It is to be created after first setup of the laptop.
Else, you've to order them from HP with a charge.

Alternatively you can clean install Windows using Microsoft windows media creation tool.
Windows OS will be automatically activated after installation while connected to internet.

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation