Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Finger print log-in no longer works

HP Recommended
dv6-6108us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Finger login stopped working.  The drivers say everything is ok but Windows will connnect to them.  Worked up until recently.  

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,542
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dan_5

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv6-6108us Entertainment Notebook. I read that the finger print login is not working. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Are you unable to login to Windows using the finger print? Or are you unable to login to the websites?
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?

Some types of BIOS allow you to enable or disable individual hardware components. The biometric device is the hardware that controls the fingerprint reader. Depending on the model number of your computer, there are options in the BIOS to turn the biometric device on and off.

To check your BIOS for biometric support and enable it:

1. Press the Power button to start the computer, and press the F10 key to open the BIOS setup utility.

2. Under System Configuration, look for a Biometric Device option; if it exists, enable it.

3. Press F10 to save this setting and restart the computer.

If a biometric option does not exist in your BIOS, then the fingerprint reader is always enabled.

You may attempt the following steps:

• Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in Options

Create a PIN and everything should work. 

Here is an HP document that might help.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation