Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

HP Pavilion 15-bc001nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I have an issue downloading Intel HD Graphics Driver update because it says that my manufacturer used a custom driver for my laptop. I have looked at Intel's page and it says I can fix this by deleting my custom driver, rebooting my computer and then installing the generic driver but they say that it can harm my laptop. Can I have your opinions on this situation? What should I do and what should I not do? Thanks and have a good day/night!

7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

Greetings @Kromming

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to update the graphics driver on your computer and need assistance, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

May I know the method or the website from where you are trying to update the driver?

Recommend you update the drivers from HP Support Assistant. Click here to know more. 

If the update is failing for any reason, you can manually download and install the update from www.hp.com/drivers

Based on the product number shared by you, the discrete graphics card on your computer is from Nvidia. Click here for your computer specifications. 

You can also download and update the drivers from Nvidia website. Click here

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Kromming Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

I would like to thank you for your reply, I have tried to update my Intel HD Graphics Driver through HP Support Assistant but then it failed to install it to my computer. It said that my manufacturer had used a custom graphics driver so I would not be able to update it and the only way to update it would be to remove my current graphics driver, reboot my computer and then install the generic Intel HD Graphics Driver but it said that doing this would harm my computer and since my computer is HP and since you are my manufacturer, Intel said that I should talk to you. Also I had no problem updating my Geforce GTX 960M driver but still thank you and have a good day/night!

0 Kudos
Kromming Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

@Chimney_83
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

Thanks for the reply, the driver available on HP website, is the driver tested on our computer. But you are free to uninstall the driver provided by HP and install the driver from Intel website. 

Are you facing any display issues? Can you check the version of the driver installed on your computer from device manager and compare it with the version you are trying to install? 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Kromming Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

I had no issues with my display. Unfortunately I am on a holiday for a week, when I get back I will be sure to reply about my graphics driver version. Thanks and have a good day/night!
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

Thanks for the reply, enjoy your holiday. Try the steps suggested in your spare time and let me know. 

Keep me posted. Cheers. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Kromming Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Driver Issue

Hello, I have checked my driver's version and looks like it was the latest driver. The driver I downloaded from your website was old according to my computer. Anyways, thank you for your help! Have a good day/night...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation