BRod_XD
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDD not detected

HP Pavilion G series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi. My friend installed windows 10 to my newly replaced seagate 1TB HDD. Then when i used it, it there was an error message that comes up intermittently. So, i used the windows 10 recovery disc to fix it. Later did i know that my friend installed it as 32-bit, not the 64-bit it was supposed to be given my recovery discs. It hang and became unresponsive. I rebooted the laptop. But to my surprise, an error message on blue screen says i need to install an OS and something about 3F0. I used the MS Media Tool, but it wont detect my HDD. I tried the HP diagnostics, but no HDD is being detected. I tried checking the cables, all seem to be fine. I used the SeaTools diagnostics, again, no HDD is being detected. What should i do?
2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
41,267 41,054 6,467 11,250
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDD not detected

Unfortunately your hard drive has died completely and needs to be replaced. If it is a retail Seagate drive contact them for a replacement. They are pretty good about it you can arrange a replacement and print a return label from their website. 

BRod_XD
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDD not detected

Thank you.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation