2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HDD test failure

HP Recommended
15-ac618nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've a notebook 15-ac618nl upgraded to windows 10 from win 8.

The system doesn't start correctly, after 5 minutes of black screen with HP logo starts recovery platform, but all restore functions don't go fine (everytime errors).

If I press ESC in startup and then F2 (system test), all components pass the test, but HDD give error: 0trxtq-83s916-xd7x6j-60uc03.

I check the disk with hdd case, and I save user data correctly on other pc, but I don't have system recovery CDs. 

1- What kind of problem have my hdd?

2- How can I do to restore system? (recovery partition is intact, but windows doesn't start)

Thank you so much.

2 REPLIES 2
Dudefoxlive
Level 9
1,335 1,294 83 174
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sometimes it can be a bad upgrade but in this case it sounds like your hard drive is failing.  have you ran the hard drive test to see it fails or passes the test. if it fails the your hard drive is failing and should be replaced at the most convinent.

Please remember to select the answer
0 Kudos
zak22
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I ran the hard drive test (from bios) and it fail in few seconds.

Tomorrow I will test the HD with other sw.

So, I read that is possible to downolad Windows AIK and run a new configuration from Restore partition, but I find AIK iso only for Win 7 or Vista. Someone can help me?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation