Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (49 Views)

HP Pro Active Pen has stopped working and I cannot undo it to change the battery. How can I undo it?

Product Name: HP Pro Active Pen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using the HP Pro Active Pen with a Spectre-360 since I bought the pen at the end of September. I have changed the battery once since buying the pen but now it has stopped working and I cannot check if it needs a new battery as I cannot undo the pen to change the battery.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (24 Views)

Re: HP Pro Active Pen has stopped working and I cannot undo it to change the battery. How can I u...

Hi @MSparkes,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the pen not working correctly. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details: 

Could you provide me with the exact model number of the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did you check if the HP Active pen is compatible with your PC?

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

If the software was not pre-installed on the PC and if you try to install it from different source there are chances that it might not work.

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Here's the link for compatible HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus - Click here

I would suggest you to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.

• Please right-click on start>select device manager>Expand Keyboards>Right-click on the listed drivers and uninstall them. Then restart the computer and check again if the issue is fixed.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation