Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffCDA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Simple Save not recognized by Windows 10

It says above that only Windows 7 and earlier support this external hard drive, but a friend informed me that she used this drive successfully with Windows 8.    I am researching elsewhere to see if by any chance it can also work in Windows 10 as well.    

1 REPLY 1
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 87 251
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Simple Save not recognized by Windows 10

I am not clear whether you are trying to recover backups that are already on the HP Simple Save, or whether you want to use it as a backup drive for Windows 10? If you want to use it to back up a Windows 10 laptop, is the HP drive recognised as an external hard drive?

If you need Windows 10 backup software and your HP drive is working as an external hard drive, you could try Macrium Reflect. The link goes to the web page for the free edition, which might be all that you need. I find the additional features in the paid for edition to be worthwhile and the Home Edition is not particularly expensive, but you cannot beat free! I have no connection with Paramount Software other than as a satisfied customer.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation