Dkirby1
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre X360 won't turn on

HP Spectre x360 13-4002dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Last night I closed my laptop before bed and this morning I opened it, pressed the power button and it didn't turn on. So, I charged it, and experienced the same problem. I looked up possible solutions on this site like holding the power button for 30 seconds, or holding the win key and 'b' and pressing and releasing the power button.
Nothing worked.
I also noticed that this problem is very common, finding posts about the same problem all the way back to 2016.
My laptop Was bought mid-2015, I use it for work, and until this point it has been great and reliable. This incident makes me question buying another HP or recommending HP to colleagues.
Please contact me with next steps in correcting this problem.
7 REPLIES 7
Dkirby1
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Dkirby1
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yesterday I took my laptop to Best buy, where I purchased it, and they told me the motherboard is fried and to contact HP.
0 Kudos
Retired rick-s
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 379
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dkirby1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Kayladmc
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is what is happening to me!!same exact thing - I closed my notebook last night and this morning it would not come on and it won't charge. I'm very upset about it. I just bought mine a year and a half ago. HP told me it would be $500 to fix. Like you said, this seems to be a common problem. So why is HP not taking responsibility for this issue??
0 Kudos
Dkirby1
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks @rick-s

I'll update this post when I hear from them.
0 Kudos
Dkirby1
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was contacted by @jeffhelp to get more info on my issue and laptop details. I sent all the required info and am awaiting further word on how we will resolve this.
0 Kudos
Hugohhhh
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Spectre x360 just randomly turned off and won't turn back on. The power button doesn't even bl...

I bought it less than a year ago, why such expensive item has these type of issues?

I tried pressing W+B and also W+V per other recommendations, but nothing works. I see many posts with these same issues, and don't see HP stepping up respond.

I'm on business travel abroad, and now this is such huge problem.

Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation