Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 keyboard input sticking

HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have an HP Spectre x360 that is hardly more than a month old and I am already having issues with it. The keyboard input sticks. I don't mean that the keys are sticky or hard to press. I mean that I'll hold down a key and release it and the computer will continue to act as if I'm pressing that key. I notice it mainly if I'm playing a video game, because I would be holding down the WASD keys then. I'll be holding down the A key or something and then I release it and the computer continues behaving as if I'm holding down the A key. It only stops doing this if I press the same key again. So if it gets stuck on the W key it'll keep being stuck until I press W again. This happens regardless of what program I'm running so I know it's the computer and not a problem with a game or something. As I said the computer is almost brand new and I have no idea why this is happening. I don't want to have to send it back and start all over again but this is infuriating.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,389 2,240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @siriusd57,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the keyboard not functioning properly on your new HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Does this happen only on a particular program or does it happen in all the programs? Such as Word, notepad, webpages

Have you tried to use an external USB keyboard and check if the issue persists?

Did it happen after a recent software update?

In the meantime, I have found a wonderful document which I would request you to follow: HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with my new hp spectre 15 inch x360 that I purchased a month ago. It's unfortunate to see that you guys still have not fixed this problem!

My problem description is basically the same as sirius, and happens in all apps. This effect is particuarly noticeable while playing video games, as they are very intensive on the WASD keys and involve two or even three keys sometimes being simultaneously pressed down. Occasionally even in Microsoft Word and Google docs this will occur, when I'm typing at a high pace and suddenly one of the keys starts acting as if i held it down, and I have to press the same key to stop it, just like sirius described in his problem. I've updated all my drivers, gone into the filter keys and sticky keys settings and tried everything, but nothing seems to work. It definitely seems to be a software bug, and I would really appreciate if HP could roll out a solution for this. 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation