09-23-2016 02:31 PM
I have only just bought the spectre x360 and all has been well for the first two weeks.
This week I found that it has been a little slow to start up. When I opened the machine in laptop mode I would get to the lockscreen where I have to enter my pincode. Despite entering the pin using the keys and trying to use the touchscreen the machine remained unresponsive and I had to open and close the lid unil it did respond which it did eventually.
Today I started to have problems with the screen. Whilst using Microsoft Word (2016) and the windows DVD player the machine again stopped responding and the screen went blank. I had to shut the lid and when I opened it again it was still blank. When I plugged it in to a power socket using a charger it seemed to boot up again. The battery was low but not so low that it had wanred me or gone into a hibernation mode (about 15%). When connected to the power socket I was able to continue using Word but the screen was flcikering. Later this evening I tried to switch to tablet mode. The screen went completely blank and the tablet was not responding at all. When I sought to change it back to laptop mode it remained blank. The light on the CAPS button was flashing. The machine was making a loud whurring noise. It was down for about 5 minutes. Eventually after holding the power button down the machine came back to life.
I have never posted in a forum like this before and whilst I have purchased the HP Care Pack I cannot see a number that I can call over this weekend so hoped that I might get some assistance on here. Can anybody help?
09-26-2016 11:38 AM - edited 09-26-2016 07:16 PM
Thanks for visiting the HP Forums. It is a great location to get support, resolutions tips and tricks from experts in the community. I read your post about the issues that you have with your computer.it will be a pleasure t to assist you with this.
First off, please perform a hard reset on your computer. Steps to do it:
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
- Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
- Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.If it fires up fine the issue should ideally get resolved. Please don’t close the lid always. Do it only when it is absolutely necessary. It is always suggested to power down the unit.Please run complete hardware diagnostics on your computer and make a note of any failure codes. Steps to do it:
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
- The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
Please visit this link to run complete system diagnostics. Link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259
If you require further assistance, you could still contact HP phone support by visiting this link as you requested. Link : http://hp.com/contacthp You need to select the region and language.Then please type the product# of the unit and follow the instructions on the screen to contact HP phone support. If you have any hardware issues you could visit phone support to get the unit serviced.
Hope this helps! Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope your computer works great and stays healthy for a long time. Thanks for being a part of the HP community and if you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and if this helps, please mark it as “Accepted Solution”.
Take care and do have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee