Highlighted
6 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Stream notebook Model 13-c010nr

HP Recommended
notebook Model 13-c010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This unit came with the 32 gb hard drive. 

1.  Is there a way to install a micro card into the supplied port and use it, essentially, to increase the hard drive capacity?

or, if not:

2.  How do I replace the hard drive in this unit?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,846 2,788 371 1,085
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Bob161,

1.  Is there a way to install a micro card into the supplied port and use it, essentially, to increase the hard drive capacity?

A. Yes, you can use a Micro SD card in the Micro SD card reader. You can transfer files over to the card and occasionally move applications to it.

2.  How do I replace the hard drive in this unit?

A. I regret to inform you that the HP Stream 13-c010nr Notebook PC uses eMMC storage which is not upgradeable. 

If you're trying to update Windows 10 and it doesn't have enough space, grab a USB drive, and make it bootable using Microsoft's ISO files and then follow the instructions on conducting a clean install. You can access boot options by repeatedly pressing F9 upon startup. You don't need to worry about the Windows 10 product key.

Please use these two full guides:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-download-o...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install-insiderplat_pc/how-t...

Regards,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I am currently taking an indefinite break.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation