04-05-2010 12:53 AM - edited 04-05-2010 01:03 AM
I can run the installer fine, and I can even use the "launch this program" option and HP Update will run.
However, when I go through the start menu to start it, it give me an error message:
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and I even tried to use the Windows Installer Clean Up tool, and I still get this error.
I am using Windows Vista Service Pack 2.
04-06-2010 05:03 PM
I have a similar problem, but with Window7. The problem was present with Home Premium that came on the e9270f PC and it is still present after upgrading to Windows 7 Pro (not for this issue). The app that crashes is HPMSDVD.exe. It is usually followed by BTBHost.exe. This is seem in the "HP Support Assistant" during the download or install of an update.
Any help would be appreciated.
10-05-2010 01:03 PM
can giving the executable administrator permissions help solve the issue? right-click, properties, compatibility, check the box to run as administrator, and then OK. location of executable was in title of window, picture posted in your post.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot