11-17-2017 07:10 AM
I need help updating BIOS. I have windows 10 from an upgrade. Not sure what was original. I don't want to upload the wrong BIOS
11-17-2017 09:34 AM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!
Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...
According to the HP product page for your PC, it did not come with Win10 preinstalled -- and HP only makes BIOS upgrades for the OS versions that come preinstalled on their PCs.
Additionally, HP makes their BIOS upgrade OS-version-specific, meaning the PC must be running the same version of Windows as the BIOS upgrade. Thus, you can not run, for example, a BIOS upgrade designed for Windows 7 or 8x in Windows 10.
This means there is no BIOS upgrade you can download from HP for your PC.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot