04-05-2017 08:30 PM
I recently bought this Notebook to use for school and I'm already almost completely out of storage. I want to increase my storage without invalidating my warranty, since it's still good until next year. How do I know what hardware to upgrade it with, and who do I need to take it to to install it so it doesn't break my warranty?
04-05-2017 09:37 PM - edited 04-05-2017 09:55 PM
You can put 2.5 inch SATA hard drive in the hard drive bay
It doesn't need major disassembly.
But if you break something in the process of upgrade you would void warranty. Get help from certified HP technician.
Pace 32, 33: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227925
You need to buy these to plug HDD in the bay:
Hard drive connector 815139-001
Hard drive bracket 859126-001
Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot