10-01-2016 07:01 AM
I have a notebook 15-ac037ne with AMD Radeon R5 M330 dedicated graphics card.
I couldn't find any driver for it for linux, even the open source drivers did not work.
I can't stand Windows any more, so is there any alternative driver ?
if not, is there any problem replacing it with maybe AMD Radeon R9 that has a linux driver ? or maybe some Nvidia one ?
10-01-2016 10:38 AM
There is no way to change, replace, upgrade the video. Soldered to the motherboard. What version of Linux (distro) are you running? ATI (now AMD) video has always gotten the short end of driver development in Linux (nVidia has always been better supported) but there are Linux drivers for AMD video.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot