07-26-2013 11:14 PM
Hi, my keyboard is all mixed up. the @ symbol is exchanged with the " symbol, the back slash is missing and instead of the back slash the # symbol is appearing when the back slash key is pressed. when the # key is pressed the £ symbol appears. Pls resolve asap.
07-29-2013 12:03 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 09:11 PM by OscarFuentes
This behavior sounds like the system is set for a language region other than what the system was designed for. This is most common English - UK and English - US.
What is the product number?
Try the steps in this document to verify that the system has the proper keyboard layout selected.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot