Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard keys not working

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The keys a,s,d,f,j,k,l and the "enter" key just  stop working the other day. I've had this laptop for 5 months now and I went to get it checked at Staples, only for them to tell me it might be a hardware problem.  Need help before school starts.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard keys not working

Hi @JTPaterson,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that a,s,d,f,j,k,l and the "enter" keys stopped working.

You can use the document below to troubleshoot:

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

If it is a hardware issue, and your laptop is in warranty, you can contact HP support to arrange a repair.

Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation