Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard partial malfunction

HP 15 - f059wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Successfully replaced a cracked screen.   Then experienced 3-blink code (white) at power cord insertion point, while on battery.  When plugged into power cord, 3-blink code disappeared permanently.  But, now keyboard is only partially working.  The keys ,{3, 4, 5, e, r, t, d, f, g, c, v, b} no longer work at all.  Have removed and re-inserted keyboard cable.   Have uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard drivers.   External USB keyboard works perfectly.  Please advise on options to correct laptop keyboard problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2583
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard partial malfunction

@Lunatt

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand certain keys on your keyboard aren't working after the cracked screen was replaced,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Does it work fine using the external/alternate keyboard?

There are two common keyboard issues that can occur during the normal operation.
The first is the Num Lock key gets accidentally pressed, turning a portion of the keyboard into a number pad.
The other is the keyboard language gets inadvertently switched from its original language to another, resulting in some letters and numbers appearing different on the screen than how they are typed.

Check the Num Lock key, Set the keyboard language, Update the BIOS and device drivers:

If you experience is persistent with the keyboard errors, such as the keyboard frequently switching modes,
try updating the notebook's BIOS and device drivers.

For more information, see HP Notebook PCs - Locate and Install Updated BIOS, Drivers, and Software.

For advanced troubleshooting on your concern: Click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation