irlandali
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Keyboard problem

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-AW004NT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Despite i have updated my BIOS yesterday i have still problem pushing 3 buttons at the same time. Especially for some games i am trying to press right and down arrow together and s/d button at the same time for passing or shooting but no way, it doesn't react. On the other hand the interesting point is that, going to different diagonal direction and using 3-4 keys at the same time is working without problem, just right and down arrow together ??

One another problem is that my notebook does have two video cards and it seems, it is always using the lower capacity one? The hp driver is old and i am using amd newst driver update always. Unfortunately the interface of amd is showing wrong video card name (r7 m340 but it must be r7 m440). I don't accept the response of hp support saying use hp driver, it is really old one(2016!!).  When you want to use setting section of games to setup some feature, they define computer video card as r5 which is lower capacity card of motherboard.

so please help...

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,949 2,581
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @irlandali,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand the graphics driver is showing incorrectly when you update the driver from AMD website and the keyboard keys are not working correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted 🙂

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.

I recommend you to download and install the driver from the below link and check if it resolves the issue.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75640.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
45,010 44,786 7,234 12,827
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@The_Fossette he says he does not want the HP driver because it is old but I will just inject that the HP driver is designed to specifically work with HP implementation of this video card system. Using the newer video card maker drivers is tempting, but known to cause problems. You are best off to listen to the advice to use the HP driver. 

And the issue with the misindentification of the chip is documented but the chip identified by the system is actually more powerful than the one advertised in the specs. That is the M340 is actually better than the M440 or at least equivalent:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R7-M440-vs-Radeon-R7-M340

0 Kudos
irlandali
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you both, but i couldn't understand few things;

1) If the misindentification video card is better than my actual video card(which is r7 m440) and the driver identfy the system as different, that means there will be some problem on proccessing the video, right? That's why i need to install hp driver i guess 😞 It is really old but ok no way.

2) Is there any keyboard solution? I hope the design of keyboard is not pretty old just like others which don't let to use triplet-quartet button. So, do i have to buy another remote game keyboard? Actually i bougth this laptop as gamer laptop relying on its advertisement.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation