Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keys aren't working and no sound

HP Recommended
HP Envy m6-k010dx sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
My laptop stopped working over a year ago. I left my room for about 2 minute to come back and find it shut down and couldn't power it back on. I took it to a local repair shop and they told me my Motherboard was fried out and they could fix it once they ordered a replacement part. I got the laptop back to find out the sound card wasn't working, I've tried everything possible to fix it but no luck. A few months later while taking an exam some of the keys stopped working, I was forced to use the on screen keyboard. It's been running slow for a while now and when I open a box on my deskstop the box is black with white text, sometimes I would have to highlight the inside of the box to read. I'm pretty sure it needs to be repaired again, the right way. I've tried calling out of warranty support but I can't get through because the automated system is going in a loop when I press the number for my situation.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,392 2,278
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jp86,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having multiple issues on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

Going through the details posted, I definitely think this could be a hardware issue with the PC. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation