cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
20 10 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pavilion dv7-3079wm has keyboard issues. Might somebody have a possible solution?

HP Recommended

Hello, I have a Pavilion dv7-3079wm, that is having keyboard issues. I thought that they were because of a virus (and apparently the user had them start while they had a virus), but I cleared out the virus already. It operates with Windows 7.

The issue is that some of the keys are typing these whenever they are pressed:

f4r d3e a1q j7u

I believe the keys a, 1, and q, type a1q, and similarly with the other keys. This does not happen with every key. I have not seen this type of issue before. Is this a hardware failure issue, or could it be corrupted data which is affecting the keyboard?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 10 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Note: the arrow keys also do not function properly on this keyboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,984 42,773 6,850 11,970
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try a usb external keyboard. If the data is corrupt it will be affected in the external keyboard as well. If the external works correctly you need a new internal keyboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi there.

Did you ever figure out how to resolve this?
My laptop has just started doing exactly the same thing with the same letters. My "a" is now "a1q".

Many thanks,

Laura
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation