08-30-2016 08:48 PM
I have tried twice to upgrade my HP Pavillion DV4 notebook to a Samsung 840 Solid State Drive and the two times it only shows a "J" while trying to boot. The first time I used the Migrate OS to SSD option in Minitool Partition Wizard. The second time I used the copy disk option, with the same result.
Has any1 been successful in upgrading to a SSD? if so, which application was used? TIA.
09-01-2016 02:53 PM
Is the SSD recognized in the BIOS? Have you tried starting a clean install or system restore just to see if the SSD is seen? The problem may be in the method you are trying to use to copy the old drive to the new. You should have the SSD connected externally by a usb to SATA cable and then use cloning software running from a bootable disk to copy the internal hard drive to SSD. Problems often arise trying to copy a larger hard drive to a smaller SSD.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot