10-14-2016 02:58 AM - last edited on 10-14-2016 07:18 AM by kevin-t
The laptop is plugged in and the little LED light is on. The laptop is currently at 8% and is working fine but the battery is not charging. Further, the fan inside the laptop has been working continuously for the past half an hour. I request you suggest me ways to take care of this myself as I have exams right now and won't be able to take the laptop to a service center. My laptop is an i7 5th Gen with serial number [Personal Information Removed]
10-14-2016 03:38 AM - edited 10-14-2016 03:40 AM
Thanks for using the HP Forums.
Can you try to do a system restore to before the problem started and check if the software causing the issue?
Also, you may consider running a battery calibration.
This resource will be useful useful:
Let us know if that works!
Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot