Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
willowgal Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power adapter flaky

15-ac048ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My notebook is not charging, However, sometimes it DOES charge -- but only when the device is turned off. The battery seems fine; passes all the tests. I keep the notebook plugged in at all times. When I turn it on after a night of rest, the battery says fully charged, but there is no indication that the notebook is plugged in. The spot where the power adapter is connected to the notebook has a white light, which tells me there is power coming in, but it's not getting to the battery.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
45640 4311 10956
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power adapter flaky

For how long have you had your notebook?

Did you run the Power adapter te4st in the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic utility?

If so, what was the result?

If you have left it plugged in for an extended period of time without letting it completely charge and discharge, you have done yourself an unknowing disservice.

Notebook batteries need to be (charge/discharge/charge) cycled. 

Read the following Hp document to gain a better understanding of notebook batteries and how they should be used to maximize their service life.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784#c00596784_bcl 

If that is not done, the service life of the battery will be far less than it should. Most people get three to five years out of a battery.

Unfortunately, laptop batteries are only warrantied for one year.

If your notebook is still in warranty then contact HP to initiate warranty service. 

I see that your notebook came to market in 23015, so your notebook may be out of warranty.

I highly recommend that you download, install and use the component and  system tests in the most recent version of the  HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (version 6.5.0.0)

The version your notebook was delivered with has fewer diagnostic capabilities than the new version

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation