Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Ganzz31 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem with HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11-e000 notebook

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11-e000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My laptop was working fine yesterday. But now the battery says 99%,not charging. And when i pull off the charger it turns off and cant be turned on.

(Battery Inserted)When i plug the charger in and turn it on, the light of the power button and charging LED will just blink and then it turns off.(no light coming from the charger LED)

But i can open the laptop only when it is charging while the battery is removed. Please Help
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem with HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11-e000 notebook

Hi @Ganzz31,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. Good day! :) I reviewed the post about battery charging issues with the computer. I will be a delight to assist you here. :)

Superb effort, splendid troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. :)  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. :)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you run diagnostics on the battery?
  • Did you update the bios and calibrate the battery?

It looks like a hardware issue with the battery or the battery controllers on the motherboard.

For starters, please try all the prescribed step from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-touchsmart-11-e000-notebook-pc-series/5380665/docume... and check if it works.

If the battery tests fail while running the diagnostics, then please make a note of the failure code and contact HP phone support to get the battery replaced.

If the computer shuts down with the battery and the charger both connected, then please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :)  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. :)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation