06-21-2010 05:26 PM
On my computer, I had to replace the motherboard due to a GPU failure. Everything works greats EXCEPT that the blue LED lights that illuminate the QP buttons and volume controls do not turn off unless I remove the battery. When i replace the battery, the lights illuminate even though the computer is off.
I've replaced the LED board itself, the power button board ribbon, and the LED board ribbon, and it still won't stay off. The buttons are functional, and the mute button changes color like it should, but it doens't turn off, and it actually does seem to slowly drain my battery when my computer is hibernating or shut down. I'm not sure if it's firmware, or some other hardware problem. any ideas?
Pavilion dv9500z, Win7 Pro x64, AMD Turion 64 X2 2.0Ghz, NVidia Geforce 8400M GS 128MB, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD WD Primary, 640GB HDD WD Secondary, BD-ROM
11-10-2011 06:46 AM
I've posted this issue as well. Seems HP doesn't have an answer?
I replaced a keyboard in one DV6000, and touchpad in a second, both have the same issue with the Quick Play lights on all the time.
Has anyone solved this? We cannot be the only ones who have experienced this issue.
C'mon HP, PLEASE help us out here!!!!!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot