05-10-2017 10:14 AM
My HP Notebook 15-ay137cl has a standard keyboard....is it possible to replace it with a backlit keyboard?
05-10-2017 12:08 PM
The whole HP 15-ayxxx (xxx = 000 to 199) of laptops only have one option for keyboard:
Full-size "island style" keyboard with numeric keypad
TouchPad with multi-touch gestures enabled
Taps enabled by default
Support Modern Trackpad Gestures
Therefore you can't replace the keyboard with a backlit one because the motherboard does not have connectors for keyboard lights.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot