Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement of Imminent Failing Hard disk

HP 15-n029sg
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop hp 15-n029sg was showing the imminent hard drive failure message. I have checked the hard drives through "Check Now" options. Every time I scan some problem is found and I fix it accordingly. But then again it shows some problems are found when scanned again. Is there any way I can find out where the problem is gone or not?

Eventually I guess I have to replace the hard drive. Can anyone suggest the proper i.e compatable hard drive for my laptop?

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
49381 9821 16714
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement of Imminent Failing Hard disk

Hi,

The drive on the link below is an example of one that would be fine for your notebook.

1Tb Notebook Hard Drive.

The procedure to replace the Hard Drive starts on Page 77 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

Once done, simply use your Recovery Media to reinstall the Operating System on the new drive - this procedure is detailed in the following HP document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

If you don't have your Recovery Media, see if you can order a replacement set using the link below.

Order HP Recovery Media.

If you have any problem with this link, try ordering this directly from HP.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation